ASC Labor Management Solutions
In distribution, manufacturing and third-party logistics operations, the cost of labor is typically the largest ongoing expense that a company incurs. But measuring the productivity and efficiency of the workforce is often last on the list of an enterprise implementation. There are many reasons for this: concerns over cost, union bylaws, safety, and the worker's fear of being monitored.
As you can imagine, a successful implementation of Labor Management is much more complex than simply installing a software module. It's about managing the expectations of the people that comprise the workforce, from the shop floor, to middle management, all the way up to the executive level. At ASC, our Professional Services Team understands that overcoming the human fears and concerns, and instilling pride in the workforce is key to success. In our experience, proper management of workforce expectations can actually improve safety, provide a fair and impartial method of measuring employee performance for unions, and promote work pride in employees, all while reducing labor costs and offering companies a very good return on their investment.
The ASCTrac family of products offers many different levels of Labor Management capabilities. The core WMS starts with a simple foundation of time stamped user transactions, allowing managers to gauge who is doing what and for how long. Adding the optional Labor Performance and Statistics Module enables a manager and/or administrator to enter time standards for each labor task and each user's daily efficiency is calculated by comparing actual time versus the labor standard. We also offer Labor Costing modules for manufacturing and third-party logistics operations which calculate the cost of labor for a given work order or 3PL customer.
- ASCTrac Statistics and Labor Performance - engineered labor standards, historic statistics, current statistics, plus ABC analysis, and web based summary analysis
- ASCTrac Labor Tracking - used for activity based costing for 3PL labor, manufacturing costing per work order, includes time and attendance module
The Bottom Line:
Are you getting the most out of your largest operational expense? As a 3PL, do you know if you're making or losing money on each customer? As a manufacturer, do you know how much each work order costs to produce? ASC can help you obtain these answers in a cost effective, timely manner.
Modules and Features:
Many complimentary modules and features are available as a result:
- ASCTrac Warehouse Management
- ASCTrac Manufacturing
- Parcel Shipping
- 3rd Party Logistics Module (3PL)
- Work In Process Tracking on Shop Floor
- Work In Process Labor Tracking
- Complete tracking and costing for the ERP solution
- Real time visibility for the accounting system
- Fully integrated to the other ASC modules for ERP
- and many more (view more option modules)